Frank West School
The Frank West School staff is committed to providing a quality education that will develop the skills of all students in a safe environment.
An emphasis is placed on respect for one's self and each other.
We will meet the needs of all students as Frank West School strives for excellence.
1. Students will learn to read in first grade.
2. Students will leave fifth grade prepared for Middle School.
3. Students will be instructed in a nurturing,caring, and safe environment.
4. Students will achieve success at grade level.
5. Students will have positive self-esteem.
6. Students will be immersed in successful activities to promote reading achievement.
7. Students will achieve success through the use of modern technology.
8. Students will be inspired to continue life-long learning.
9. Parents will be a vital part of the school community.
10. The community will be involved in every facet of the school program
CLASS START AND DISMISSAL TIMES:
Kindergarten Start 8:28am Dismiss 1:08pm
Primary 1-3 Start 8:28am Dismiss 2:33pm
"The School Accountability Report Card is available on the Internet. To access, simply go to the Bakersfield City School District website, www.bcsd.com, and click on the "SARC Reports" link on the left of the screen, then click on the school link. If you do not have access to the Internet and would like a copy of this report, please notify the school office and a copy will be provided for you."
"El informe de la responsabilidad de la escuela está disponible en el Internet. Para accederlo, simplemente visite el sitio web del Distrito Escolar de la Ciudad de Bakersfield, www.bcsd.com, y haga clic en el enlace "SARC Reports" en el lado izquierdo de la pantalla y luego haga clic en el enlace a la escuela. Si usted no tiene acceso al Internet y le gustaría una copia de este reporte, por favor notifíquelo a la oficina de la escuela y se le proveerá una copia."
Message from the Office:
If your child will be absent, please notify the school. There is a 24-hour a day, seven-day-a-week phone number for your convenience .
Latest News and Dates to Remember
August 19, 2013 - First Day of School
Late Start Days
This year all schools in the Bakersfield
City School District will have 8 late
start days during the school year.
Busses will run 2hrs late and
no breakfast will be served. This time
will be utilized to provide Professional
Development and to give teachers an
opportunity to discuss student data
and adjust teaching to better serve
the needs of all our students. Here
are the dates that school will start
Late Start Days are:
8/30/12. 10/18/12, 11/15/12, 1/10/13, 2/7/13, 3/14/13, 4/4/13, 5/16/13