Get Involved: Downtown Parent Resources
- California Academic Content Standards
- School Accountability Report Cards (SARC): Information about each BCSD school's progress in achieving academic standards.
- Kern County Science Fair
- GATE: Gifted and Talented EducationSave
Stay informed: Information for You and Your Student
How to Support Downtown School
Downtown School has many opportunities for parents and family members to make a difference both inside the classroom and outside.
- Become part of the Downtown Booster Club
- Contact our teachers to volunteer in their classrooms
- Sign up to be a Morning Drop Off Volunteer, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Help Raise Funds for Downtown School
- Participate in the Booster Club sponsored fundraisers.
Don't Have Much Time?
- Donate your students' gently used school uniforms to the front office to help families at our school who are in need.
Thank you for all you do in making Downtown School such a wonderful and distinguished school!
Community Service Opportunities
- Keep Bakersfield Beautiful: Volunteer to be part of one of their several Clean Up Events throughout the year. The group has opportunities for youth to participate in recycling-themed art contests and create community gardens.
- American Cancer Association: Relay for Life: Find event information about Bakersfield’s annual event in May
- Kern County Animal Shelter: The Animal Shelter is always in need of blankets, bedding, and towels. Many of their dogs have to sleep outside and they need blankets for warmth. If you want to donate supplies, drop them at the Shelter located at 201 South Mount Vernon.