African American Parent Advisory Council (AAPAC)
The purpose of AAPAC shall be to:The purpose of the AAPAC is to involve and engage the parents/caregivers of African-American students in the decision-making processes leading to improving the quality of education for African American students. Our aim is to increase learning outcomes and promote an understanding among parents, educators, and others about cultural sensitivity relating to the education of African American students.
Date of Meeting Agenda Agenda - Español 9/26/2022 Agenda Agenda 11/14/2022 Agenda Agenda 12/6/2022 Agenda Agenda 3/13/2023 Agenda Agenda 4/18/2023 Agenda Agenda 5/16/2023 Agenda Agenda
Virtual AAPAC Meetings:
All AAPAC Meetings for the 2022-2023 school year will be in the Parent Center
Bakersfield City School District AAPAC Meeting Protocol and Instructions for Providing Public Comment during Board Meetings due to COVID-19 Pandemic. On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newson issued Executive Order N-29-20, which modifies some Brown Act provisions requiring the physical presence of Members or the public to attend and participate at public meetings considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
To provide public comments:
- The preferred options for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to attend the meetings and speak at the open forum or to submit your comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-5840 Extension 44154 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the AAPAC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the AAPAC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
As with in-person meetings, the African American Advisory Council respects the right of the public to comment on AAPAC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of an AAPAC.
We thank you for your cooperation.
African American Parent Advisory Council By Laws