School Site Council
Welcome to Frank West School Site Council/Bienvenidos al Concilio Escolar Local
Purpose of SSC
The SSC develops and annually reviews the School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), including proposed expenditures. The content of a SPSA must be aligned with school goals for improving student achievement.
Role of SSC Members Members of the SSC are expected to:
- Attend the meetings once a month
- Learn about the SPSA through trainings and information shared at SSC meetings
- Represent parents in the neighborhood and community
- Actively participate in SSC responsibilities.
SSC Agendas/Meeting Dates 2022-2023
Fechas de Juntas para Año Escolar 2022-2023
SSC Meetings: All SSC Meetings for the 2022-2023 school year will be in person
Bakersfield City School District SSC Meeting Protocol and Instructions for Providing Public Comment during Board Meetings due to COVID-19 Pandemic. On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20, which modifies some Brown Act provisions requiring physical presence of Members or the public to attend and participate at public meetings considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bakersfield City School District hereby provides notice that as a result of the declared federal, state, and local emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the Governor’s order, SSC Meetings will not be physically open to the public. Members of the public may attend the meeting, zoom invitation will be posted on Agenda: and all public comments must be submitted by email or voicemail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To observe the meeting:
The meeting may be observed at the links listed below:
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to email@example.com. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-3222 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received the day before the SSC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the SSC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
As with in-person meetings, the School Site Council respects the right of the public to comment on SSC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a SSC.
We thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Ballot links sent via Parent Square/ ballots sent home with students to be returned to Frank West (2400 Benton St).
SSC Information- Parent/Padres
SSC Templates/Sign In Sheets/Forms