English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC)
The purpose of ELAC shall be to:1. Advise the principal on matters pertaining to District and school programs for English Language Learners.2. Assist in the development of a School Needs Assessment3. Review Attendance Policy and Procedures and advise the school on how to make parents aware of the importance of school attendance.
4. Review and advise on the Single School Plan
5. Elect at least one member to the DELAC
Date of Meeting Agenda Eng/Span. 9/19/23 Agenda 11/14/23 Agenda 2/13/24 Agenda 4/16/24 Agenda
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-5400 Extension 54160 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the ELAC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the ELAC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
As with in-person meetings, the English Language Advisory Committee respects the right of the public to comment on ELAC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a ELAC.
We thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.