African American Parent Advisory Council (AAPAC)
The purpose of AAPAC shall be to:
The purpose of the AAPAC is to involve and engage the parents/caregivers of African-American students in the decision-making processes leading to improving the quality of education for African American students. Our aim is to increase learning outcomes and promote an understanding among parents, educators, and others about cultural sensitivity relating to the education of African American students.
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-5340, Extension 29151 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the AAPAC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the AAPAC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
The AAPAC respects the right of the public to comment on AAPAC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of AAPAC.
African American Parent Advisory Council (AAPAC) Members / Miembros del Consejo Asesor de Padres Afroamericanos
Parent Nomination Forms / Forma de Nominacion de Padres
Parent Ballot / Boleta de Elección de Padres
Meeting Dates / Fechas de las Reuniones
Minutes / Actas