African American Parent Advisory Council (AAPAC)
The purpose of AAPAC shall be to:
The purpose of the AAPAC is to involve and engage the parents/caregivers of African-American students in the decision-making processes leading to improve the quality of education for African American students. Our aim is to increase learning outcomes and promote an understanding among parents, educators, and others about cultural sensitivity relating to the education of African American students.Virtual AAPAC Meetings:
All AAPAC Meetings for the 2021-2022 school year will be via Zoom Teleconference
Bakersfield City School District AAPAC Meeting Protocol and Instructions for Providing Public Comment during Board Meetings due to COVID-19 Pandemic. On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newson issued Executive Order N-29-20, which modifies some Brown Act provisions requiring physical presence of Members or the public to attend and participate at public meetings considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bakersfield City School District hereby provides notice that as a result of the declared federal, state, and local emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the Governor’s order, AAPAC Meetings will not be physically open to the public. Members of the public may observe the meeting via our school’s webpage: and all public comments must be submitted by email or voicemail.
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to email@example.com. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-5460 Extension 40150 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the AAPAC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the AAPAC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
As with in-person meetings, the African American Advisory Council respects the right of the public to comment on AAPAC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a AAPAC.
We thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.