District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The goals and objectives of DELAC are to provide advice, assistance, and advisory recommendations to the administration and the Board of Education for the continuing improvement of the general education of English-language learners.
DELAC informs parent representatives so they can take the information back to the school site. Topics that will be addressed this year include understanding ELPAC data, student reclassification, ELD requirements, LCAP, and categorical program monitoring.
All DELAC meetings are open to the public. Meetings are held each month from 9:00 am -11:00 am via Zoom until further notice. For more information on DELAC, please contact Goretti Torres in Multilingual Education Programs at 631-4833.
Sergeant at Arms
The Bakersfield City School District hereby provides notice that as a result of a declared federal, state, or local emergency, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the Governor’s order, DELAC Meetings will not be physically open to the public. Members of the public may register for the meeting via the District Website, and all public comments must be submitted by email or voicemail.
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to email@example.com. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address.
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-4833 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by 8:00 a.m. the day of the DELAC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the DELAC Board Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received. The total time allotted to all persons wishing to speak to an item shall not exceed five (5) minutes. In case of numerous requests to address the same item, the Board may select representatives to speak on each side of the item. As with in-person meetings, the Board respects the right of the public to comment on parent advisory matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a school district parent advisory meeting.