Parent Resource Centers
Who We Are
We are the Bakersfield City School District’s Parent Resource Centers. The Parent Resource Centers are located on 34 of our school campuses and are each staffed by a Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Liaison.
What We Do
The Parent Resource Centers are designed to provide parents with the skills and knowledge to:
- Support and monitor your child’s academic success
- Use technology to support student learning
- Teach how to promote positive behaviors in the home and school
- Become an active volunteer/Parent As Leaders (PALs)
- Confidently navigate school, district, and community services and resources Our partnership with BCSD families will serve to empower parents with the knowledge, passion and belief that together we can achieve academic success for all students.
What We Offer
Bakersfield City School District families have many opportunities to be involved in creating an academic partnership between home and school.
Our Parent Resource Centers offer:
- Parent education and leadership training opportunities
- Computer and technology support
- School, district, and community resources
- Make-it-and-take-it workshops
- Zumba! and fitness classes
- Money management courses
- Nutrition and family health presentations
- Positive parenting skills and strategies
- Community building with other parents