School Wellness Centers
What are School-Based Wellness Centers?
Bakersfield City School District has opened School-Based Wellness Centers to promote students' physical, mental and emotional health.
We are committed to providing comprehensive medical and mental health care, treatment, and health education to our children.
- Nurse Practitioner
- School Social Worker
- Office Staff
Our Nurse Practitioners provide medical health services. Their expertise includes:
- Physical examinations, including wellness exams, sports physicals, enrollment physicals
- Health screenings, including those for communicable infections
- Treatment for minor illnesses
- Health and nutrition education.
Mental Health Services
At our center, we have credentialed School Social Workers who provide a range of services:
- Individual and Family Therapy
Case Management Services
- Assistance applying to low-cost utilities, medical, food stamps, or any other type of assistance program.
- Linkage to resources (i.e. food, clothing)
Wellness Center Consent
Wellness Center Locations
4th StreetWellness Center(Between Emerson & Mckinley)
609 4th StreetBakersfield, CA 93304Phone: (661) 631-3205Fax: (661) 328-0591
Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMCenter StreetWellness Center(Between Sierra & Garza)2951 Center St.Bakersfield, CA 93306Phone: (661) 631-3206Fax: (661) 321-0011Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMSouth ChesterWellness Center(Corner of P St & Ming Ave.)800 Ming AveBakersfield, CA 93307Phone: (661) 631-3203Fax: (661) 631-5946Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMJewett AveWellness Center
(Near Stella Hills)3806 Jewett AveBakersfield, CA 93301Phone: (661) 631-3171Fax: (661) 863-0115Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM