February 7, 2019 - The Bakersfield City School District (BCSD) is now accepting nominations for inductees into the BCSD Hall of Fame - Class of 2019. Since its inception in 2010, the Hall of Fame has recognized former students who are noted for their professional accomplishments and community members who have distinguished themselves by their service to BCSD. All BCSD Hall of Fame recipients are permanently honored through the BCSD Hall of Fame display, located in the Board Room Lobby at the Education Center, 1300 Baker Street.
Past BCSD Hall of Fame Inductees include:
- Kevin McCarthy, U.S. Congressman District 32
- Daniel Sheehy, Smithsonian Curator Emeritus
- Lyle Martin, Bakersfield Police Chief
- Mike Maggard, Kern County Supervisor
- Irma Carson, Former Bakersfield City Councilmember