The Hartford (New Supplemental Insurance Carrier)
When can you enroll?
August 2-20, 2021
When does coverage begin?
October 1st, 2021
How do you enroll?
You can self-enroll via the online platform (link: http://www.thehartford.com/benefits/bcsd ).
You can also call into a designated call center for help enrolling or to ask questions about The Hartford plans.
One time open enrollment – without medical questions
Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- If you waive these benefits during this initial open enrollment period and want to enroll at future enrollment periods you will be considered a “late entrant” and will be required to complete evidence of insurability (medical questions) and be approved for coverage.
For current employees who wish to make changes to their existing plan(s):
For more information:
- Please call (866) 659-4131
- See attached The Hartford highlight sheets
- See attached American Fidelity FAQ document
- Also visit: (thehartford.com/benefits/bcsd)
- It will request an employee name and email address only to send an email out with a link to go directly back. This information is not retained for any purpose but only used to send that one email to you.