Configure an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad for BCSD E-Mail (Exchange)
The Bakersfield City School District does not provide support for personal electronics. The information outlined on this page is offered “as-is” with no warranty. The steps outlined on this page may vary slightly across devices and versions, but this information should be applicable to most situations.
Configuring mobile devices to access your BCSD E-mail may increase the amount of data usage on your cellular phone plan. BCSD is in no way responsible for any charges you may incur.
Use the information below at your own risk!
Configuring the Mail client
You can connect your device to an Exchange server by following these steps:
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
5. Fill in:
- Your Complete e-mail address
- The name of the Exchange server (webmail.bcsd.com) – The exchange server field may not appear until after you have entered your username and password
- Enter bcsd for the domain
- Enter your e-mail username
- Enter your e-mail password
- What you type in the Description field is the name your Exchange account will have on your device, and will be displayed in a list if you have more than one e-mail account configured. (Devices with iOS 4 or newer can have multiple Exchange accounts. However, devices with older operating systems can have only one.)
6. Tap Next to continue.
The last step is to adjust a couple of settings for your Exchange account:
Then click the Mail Days to Sync button. Tap one of the options, depending on your preferences. Choosing No Limit is not recommended. 1 Month is the maximum recommended option here.