SB 854, Department of Industrial Relations New Requirements to Bid on Public Works Projects
- January 1, 2015: The call for bids and contract documents must include the following information:
- No contractor or subcontractor may be listed on a bid proposal for a public works project (submitted on or after March 1, 2015) unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5 [with limited exceptions from this requirement for bid purposes only under Labor Code section 1771.1(a)].
- No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work on a public works project (awarded on or after April 1, 2015) unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5.
- This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations.
FURNISHING OF ELECTRONIC CERTIFIED PAYROLL RECORDS TO LABOR COMMISSIONER
- April 1, 2015: All contractors and subcontractors must furnish electronic certified payroll records directly to the Labor Commissioner (aka Division of Labor Standards Enforcement).
For more information and requirements on the new SB 854 Law: http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/SB854.html
DIR Contractor Registration: http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html
Plans are available for purchase at Blueprint Service Company, 1100 18th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301. Phone 661-327-2501, Fax 661-327-9265. This purchase is non-refundable. Contractor will be responsible for all costs relating to purchase of plans, as well as costs for deliveries utilizing a third party company.
Click Link above for Bid Documents
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School