CA Teacher of the Year Nominations for 2019-2020
The Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office is pleased to share information regarding the 2019-20 Kern County Teacher of the Year program. This program is designed to highlight educational innovation, student learning, and the rewards of teaching. Each district is encouraged to hold its own district-wide selection process and forward nominations to the county office.
- Spotlight local excellence in education.
- Provide each district the opportunity to recognize, honor and celebrate selected individuals who demonstrate the qualities and characteristics of an exemplary teacher.
- Provide eligible district nominees the opportunity to submit an application and be recognized as the Kern County Teacher of the Year.
- Provide the Kern County Teacher of the Year finalists the opportunity to represent Kern County in the 2021 California Teacher of the Year event.
Kern County Teachers of the Year:
All district Teacher of the Year nominees who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to complete the competitive application process to be designated as Kern County Teacher of the Year.
- completed eight or more years of teaching at the time of the application
- be employed full time, with teaching as the primary responsibility, and
- demonstrate leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning.
•Will receive county application details via email,
•Are responsible to submit county application and essays to the KCSOS office by March 12, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
Steps to Follow:
Submit nomination form to
State & Federal Programs by
Friday, January 31, 2020 by 4:00 pm.
Each nominee will be contacted to confirm interest and commitment.
For more information call Debby Shannon 631-4695