**Employees must submit completed forms in person to the Payroll Office.**

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I get paid?

Salaries relating to positions are paid the last working day of the month. Substitutes, overtime and other supplemental pay are paid the tenth of the month.

Is direct deposit available and how do I sign up?

Direct deposit is available and encouraged. For direct deposit to the Kern Schools Federal Credit Union, you must sign up at the credit union and they will forward the authorization to payroll. For direct deposit for other financial institutions, you must sign up in payroll.

How do I change my W-4?

To change your W-4 you must obtain the form from payroll and return it by the 10th of the month for the change to take effect on the end of the month payroll.

What does OASDI mean?

Old Age Survivor Disability Insurance (Social Security).

What does SUI mean?

State Unemployment Insurance.

How do I contact the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CALSTRS)?
Phone number:
(800) 228-5453
(916) 229-3541 (TTY- hearing impaired)
Fax: (916) 414-5040
Address: P.O. Box 15275
Sacramento, CA 95851-0275
Web Site:

How do I contact the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CALPERS)?
Phone number:
(888) 225-7377
(916) 795-3240 (TTY hearing impaired)
Address: P.O. Box 942704
Sacramento, CA 94229-2704
Web Site: