The Communications Department is excited to offer BCSD the opportunity to create custom designs, flyers, and documents. Design completion time varies from project to project. To better understand our ability to help meet your needs, please review the information below.
1 week turnaround time: posters, banners, business cards, letter templates, social media templates, forms, directories, signage, and simple promotional materials (t-shirts, notepads, pens, bags, cups, etc.)
2 week turnaround time: 1-10 page documents, slide deck templates, advertisements, flyers, brochures, event materials (invitation, tickets, programs, etc.), video graphics, and custom illustrations.
1 month turnaround time or longer: 11+ page documents, logo design, rebranding efforts
*Turnaround times are approximate. They may vary based on the current workflow.
Design Request Process:
- Design requests should be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include vital information such as the date when you need the design completed, theme or elements, all content (verbiage included with the design), references (visual examples), visual elements to be included (logo, mascot, etc. if applicable), audience, distribution methods, and department or school name. Items will not be approved without all of the aforementioned details.
- Requests need to have department head, principal, or designee approval before they are submitted.
- Requests will be approved according to priority and the order they are received.
- Requests will be responded to within seven days. If approved, Beni Chen, Creative Content Supervisor (CCS) will provide a rough draft to ensure the design process is going in the correct direction. Approval of this design dictates the final design.
- A final draft concept will be presented to the requestor for final approval. Minor changes can be made at the request of the requestor.
Priority items (in order):
- Superintendent-level items
- Items from the Board of Education
- Standard productions by Communications
- Requests from members of the Superintendent’s Cabinet
- School-wide videos and announcements
- Ed Center department requests
Please note, requests not related to BCSD will be automatically denied. Copyrighted material cannot be incorporated into designs without expressed written approval, which schools or departments must receive prior to a design request.