Welcome to #TeachBCSD! We hope this website serves as an informational source for you. As you scroll through the site, you will learn more about the Bakersfield City School District, the City of Bakersfield, and a number of programs dedicated to supporting new teachers. Please enjoy perusing through this site and do not hesitate to reach out if we can provide any additional information for you.
- BCSD is the largest independent TK-8 grade school district in the State of California
- Induction program for both general education and special education teachers - earn your credential during the school year!
- Salaries are based on higher education achievement, year of service, and specialized positions.
- Year for year salary credit (bring all your years of experience)
- Highly competitive salary and extra pay structure
- Comprehensive benefits program including health, life, dental, and mental/physical wellness support
- Well defined support systems for all teachers new to the district
- Ongoing support systems for all teachers
- Emphasis on team building
- Numerous opportunities to advance in the profession
Why Choose BCSD?
- Teacher salaries are based on higher education achievement, years of service, and specialized positions
- Year for year salary credit
- Extensive professional development offerings to support teachers in the process of continuous growth
- Numerous paid extracurricular opportunities
- A comprehensive health benefits package including dental, life, and support systems for mental and physical wellness
- Latest technology in our classrooms
- Fantastic classroom resources and programs
- Induction program for both general education and special education teachers: Earn your credential during the school year
- Mentors assigned to all new teachers