As we start the 2020-2021 school year in a virtual setting, we understand that this will be a unique situation for our families. First, let me say, that as your principal, we are very excited to beginning this year with your children and our Horace Mann Families. I want to provide you with some basic information as we begin the new school year.
- School begins on Monday, August 17.
- Parents were mailed a letter with their child’s teacher name.
- This virtual learning format is completely different from what we experienced in the spring of 2020. Daily attendance will be taken in each classroom. Teachers will be instructing your child within their Google classroom and on Zoom. Assignments will be given and grades/progress reports will be assigned.
- Our school office is open by appointment only. You must call (661) 631-5360 to set up an appointment.
- When you come to our campus, every person must wear a mask or face covering and their temperature will be taken.
- We will be providing classroom supplies for use at home as well as student Chromebooks and textbooks. Please refer to the attached schedule to determine your appointment to pick up materials.
You can pick up your student’s materials on the west side of campus near the cafeteria and you must wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
You will have a virtual Orientation meeting with your child’s teacher on Friday, August 14. The teacher will send you the Orientation information. The daily instructional schedule will be shared at that meeting.
You will also receive information to sign up for our new parent communication system, ParentSquare. Please be sure to sign up!!
- The district will be providing breakfast and lunch during the virtual learning time. The pickup for meals will be from 11:30-1:00 on the west side of campus.
Information can change very quickly. I will make every attempt to keep you up-to-date through our new ParentSquare, Class Dojo and on our school’s website.
If you have any questions, please call (661) 631-5360.